Thursday 4 February 2016

Tea Packaging

For this brief I needed to create a new brand of tea packaging which also showcased my own personality including belief and values, due to this multiple factors came to mind. The first of which being I neither like tea nor warm drinks but after my initial research it was obvious I would be going down the route of an iced tea.

However this brief came with some restrictions:
The main being I'd be working in a Bauhaus style:
Colours: Red, Yellow, Blue, Black and White.
Shapes: Circles, Squares and Triangles.
Types: Bauhaus, Futura, Universal

Keeping in mind of the shape, size, stack ability and all things that came along with this packaging. The first things I needed to do was some further research so I went out and looked at tea brands in supermarkets and more luxury stores to see what I was working in. As such materials and properties could play a huge role in what I wanted to do but the Bauhaus principle of everything being clean cut and functional lead me to go with a more simp liar approach. Following this I went down the route of drawing up basic designs and nets. 



With that done, I next developed my idea onto my nets of choice and worked with different ideas of names and logos to see which would best fit my overall design I was going for. 

With that complete I then moved onto mocking up my final idea on the pc and testing it on mock ups before making the final piece.


The Final Product.

I do like the simplicity of this design and style but I can't help but feel the logo needs some more work to really pop off the box. Due to that being the focal point of the design. This may be something I revisit later down the line to see if maybe hand printing the design would give the idea I have visioned within my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment