Saturday 27 December 2014

Graphics: Model Photography

Following on from my previous work on Close up Macro shots of textures. The next thing I was set to do was photographing a model. Unmoving un tiring, a static manikin model, modelling a piece designed by one of the fashion students. We set up a mini studio using 1 diffuser lamp and 2 slave.


Above is what the set up looked like once complete. We added an extra piece of card in front of the model so we could step in on the white background without dirtying the back drop, while getting in close for the more detailed shots.


After taking an array of photos from different angles, levels and distances I felt i had the shots I wanted. In total I only took a set of 25 shots, ranging from close ups to full body shots. Each aiming to capture a different part or feature of the model. This was achieved mainly by thinking about my shot before shooting it. Allowing me to get an idea of what I wanted from the photo before actually closing the shutter.
By doing so I feel i achieved some wonderful photos as seen below.


Here are just 6 of the photos I ended up capturing. I would say these are my favourite pictures from the shot mainly for there composure and keen focus on detail. I really love the close up shot of the cloth over the hand. The composure of the shot works really well against the black model, mainly due to the slightly light cast over the back part of the models hip.
All these photos are straight out of the camera and as such haven't been edited in any way at the present. I plan to go back into them and make the right most edges completely white as the background to give them a more complete feel which I was unable to obtain through photography alone. But alas that is why I love photoshop, It allows me to fix mistakes and blemishes with ease. I really liked the way these shots came out and look forward to doing something photography work such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment