Saturday 27 December 2014

Graphics: Photograms Edits

Following my first session in the dark room creating some photograms. My next step was to take these photograms and scan them into the computer. Then after importing them into Photoshop I went to work overlaying different colours by adding a colour overlay or burn etc. This involved alot of trial and error with different effects. Seeing which colours worked best with different effect. As just using this method there isn't alot of depth I could have added since the photograms are very flat to begin with.


I really love the way these come out. Using the colour scheme I did, having all 9 edits next to one another gives off a very strong Pop art feel. Very reminiscent of the late great Andy Warhol. Just looking at the Pink chain photogram below the red edit of a dried thistle really makes it pop off the arrangement of photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment