Friday 26 September 2014

Monomania - Mood Board

Following my work with paper manipulation i was tasked with collecting and researching images for a Mono mania styled mood board [Black and white images] that would be all well an easy but i linked it which my paper garment and stuck with a theme of circles and spirals. I sourced most of my images from pinterest [Click to see my pinterest] Then went to work cutting out all the images and started to form my mood board in class.


























After A LOT of overlapping, reshuffling and all round frustration i finally got my images into a way i liked. This involved cutting images out in spirals, cutting out perfectly and tearing the images out as you can see above. After taking a photo so I could remember how i wanted to layer them I started to stick them and in the process changing one or two things around. At this point I knew i didn't want a typical square mood board so i decided to start cutting again.


























This is what I ended up with after a lot of trimming and trimming and trimming. I like how the shapes aren't perfect circles which gives them a very organic feeling however a problem arouse. I didn't have a clue how I wanted to mount my now 3 littler mood boards. After thinking of mounting them on their own or together I decided on mounting them together but over lapped so the original overlapping of images was skewed. Which I really liked how it turned out.


























As seen above i overlapped to two small mood boards over the larger one and roasted them slightly to give an extra offset of images while also trying to have the colours of the shape bounce off the mood board below it. I first stuck them onto a white sheet of paper cut out and then did the same on a black piece to make the mood board pop ever so more.
I really enjoy making mood boards as you have alot to play around with and depending on the topic and/or theme you can really express the type of mood you want. In this monomania mood board I wasn't aiming to express a mood per say but more let it show the expressive side of circles and spirals though a different array of images from photos to paintings with ink to computer generated graphics and I think it worked out really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment