Monday 3 November 2014

3D - Research Sheets - 21st Century Architecture

Following my work with styrofoam and having had an introduction to the different workshops. The next brief I received was entitled 'Research'. For this I was tasked with researching 21st Century Architecture and creating 2 work sheets which I then worked into them.
For my research I went over to Pinterest mainly as its easier to store the photos I find if i need them for a later date. After collecting a lot more then what I needed I went to work in creating my 2 A2 pages. First off I gave the sheets a quick watercolour wash to help break up the strong white background to help prevent making my drawings becoming very flat and 2D.



For this first sheet I wanted to go with a very square focused research sheet. After letter my black and brown wash dry I went to sorting my images I found and picked out some of my favorite modern buildings and torn them out to give the images a more organic look. Once stuck down I went to recreating some of the building with my own pen drawing. I wanted this sheet to be very neatly drawn as I felt the contrast with the rough background and sharply ripped images really helps the ink work pop off the page.


Now unlike my first sheet I went with a more curved image base and because of this I wanted my drawing to be very quick and less perfected to see what sort of design would come of this. Since its the opposite of the first I think the two sheets together look really nice but I still prefer the first mainly because of overall finish it ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment